Sunday, June 1, 2014

Sweet Summer

{This is what three days of Scout Camp will do to ya. James had SO much fun with his friends doing all things "boy" at scout camp. He had some late nights and has played catch up on sleep.}

Well hello there summer. It's nice to have you back. 
I've missed you.

I love your lazy mornings and your endless weekend fun. 
I love your pool days and doughnut breakfasts,
your hours of careless, creative, we have no schedule play days. 
I love the trips, the hikes, and camping, the sunscreen and warm beach towels, the sunglasses and smiles, the chlorine hair and flip flopped feet. 

 It is such a treat to watch my two youngest bond and build a friendship. 
It has taken a little while for Benson to warm up. For a time, he was almost indifferent. 
Recently though, he's said things like, "Mom, Lewie is tired" if he's crying in the car. Or, "Don't cry Lew, we'll find your bupa."

 
This little squish is sitting up and babbling up a storm. He is often a serious fellow with eyes that look right into your soul.
Few things bring me greater joy than burying my nose and mouth in his tender neck fat. His giggles only provoke me to keep nuzzling and nibbling.

 
Max finished off his kindergarten year with a bang! This kid was the smartest in his class (really, truly). His teacher oozed about how charming, thoughtful and wise beyond his years he is and wished she could have a "Max" in her class every year.


This is the good life!
Welcome Summer!

3 comments:

Bryan and Rebekah said...

Love your ode to summer. Can't wait to see your faces in about a month!

Rachel Haack said...

Oh man, how I relate to this lovely summer euphoria!! We are two days in and already I feel relaxed!!!!!! Give it about two more weeks and I'm sure I might start to go crazy again with four kids constantly in need of entertainment, but I'm sure relishing it while it lasts!
Come see us!!!

K said...

Oh my heart...your sweet boys and how FAST they are growing! They are such treasures! And you are so incredibly beautiful! You don't age! It's amazing!
Love you and miss you, sweet friend!