I can't figure out why this photo makes us all look like we have bad spray tans. The original doesn't look so orange. Oh well.
This is our Christmas card photo.
Christmas is a month of merriment but as all you mothers out there know, it is a month of much stress: parties, presents, outings, baking, family and tradition. It is a time when parents attempt to find a balance between the noise of the world and commercialism and the meaningful part of Christmas: a celebration of the birth of the Savior.
This year we were able to stretch our December a little by starting in mid November with a trip on the Polar Express. I made sure we were decked in the most embarrassing Christmas pjs imaginable (bless my husband's soul for wearing his even and especially at the cost of his man card). It was a long drive (almost 3 hours north to get to the train station) which made the experience a tad anti-climatic (actually enormously anti-climatic) but nonetheless it was memorable and fun.
Grandma & Grandpa Koplin joined us along with Kimberlee and her two youngest: Norah and Zander.
See what I mean? Poor B endured the ultimate humiliation...and with a smile. He's SUCH a good boy. I love him so.
This photo sums up all the joy in my life:
My boys, my Love, our happiness, at the Gilbert Temple.
On Christmas day, we visited Uncle Kiki at the fire station where he gave us a VIP tour a ride on the fire truck and even a slide down the fire pole! The firehouse is pretty much a glorified bachelor pad: complete with kitchen, living quarters, weight room, a yard full of things you can throw, shoot, chop and or break. Needless to say, the boys felt right at home especially because Kiki got them matching official Phoenix Fire Dept tshirts.
It was our most memorable Christmas day yet!





2 comments:
are you freaking kidding me. Joan you are so hottttt! That first photo is amazing and boom boom pow I like you.
Awww, someone DOES still read my blog! hahaha!!! I love you!❤
Post a Comment