Thursday, February 25, 2016

James Turns 11


 Dear James,
I am so blessed to have you as my oldest boy. You pave the path for your younger brothers with your caring, compassionate, obedient heart. I know that your younger brothers will get to high school and the upperclassmen will say, "Oh you're James Koplin's little brother?" From that association alone those students will know that there are certain standards your brothers will also uphold as you have. The same was done for me by my brother, Richard and it saved me from a lot of temptation and trial.

I don't like labels but if there is one that suits you quite closely it is "nonconformist." You are an outside of the box kind of thinker. It's why you occasionally struggle with formal education due to it's general lacking in creativity. 
You tend to do your own thing without much concern for what other people think. Your natural confidence and kind demeanor are magnetic. People want to be with you because you make them feel good about being themselves. 

You are a voracious reader. Percy Jackson and mythology books are stacked up all around your bed and on your desk. Every penny you ever spend is on books. That puts such a smile on my face, Son. I love that you love books as much as I do.

You ask the best questions. You are totally comfortable asking anatomical and/or sex questions such as, "At what temperature do sperm die?" Or one of my favorites, "When I'm older and I don't need to make babies anymore will my balls fall off?"

You talk about your future wife too which makes me smile. "Man, my wife is going to hate sleeping with me because I move around so much AND talk in my sleep." 

Oh, dear James. You are the angel boy who first made me a Mother. I remember crying with you in my arms while I sat in the hospital overwhelmed at the heavy calling that was mine. I prayed silently through my tears that I would be capable of raising you up in a manner pleasing to God. I know He is smiling down on you today and every day as you grow and develop into the young man He wants you to be. 

I love you, James. Happy Birthday, Son.
Mom
 

 

0 comments: