I told B that I wanted to have an over nighter with him as a little "Mommy survived summer so here is her reward." I texted my friend Layla who knows all the best resorts in our area and she recommended the Omni Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Montelucia. I trust her judgement completely so without further research I called them up and made a reservation. We were greeted at the front desk with cold water bottles and a free room upgrade and then were so nicely escorted to our room by golf cart. Hahaha. It's the simple things in the life!
Our suite had the most beautiful bathroom! I know, it's silly to care about the bathroom but considering my bathroom is a tired, old dilapidated mess it was the first thing I noticed. The deep soaking tub and massive glass shower along with a gorgeous custom vanity and beautiful flooring. It was exactly what this Mama needed to unwind little boy free.
We looked up a place to grab dinner on "Yelp" and found ourselves at a quiet, little Thai restaurant. The food was incredible! Then we finished off our meal with a cupcake (or two) from "Sprinkles" while we snuggled up in our cozy bed to watch HGTV.
We spent the rest of our time by the lovely pools, munching on chips and guac and drinking cold Cokes. It was the perfect 24 hour retreat for me and I know Brandon was happy to be in on my summer bonus ;)
Plus my sister Jessica took care of the boys which added to my relaxing getaway. Knowing my boys are well loved and taken care of allows me to breath freely and not worry about them for one minute.



0 comments:
Post a Comment