Monday, August 1, 2016

My Boys are Back to School!

 


I am strict about the boys having some kind of workbook to keep their brains going over the summer. I know they hate them (notice James pretending to cut his throat) but I know they give them a leg up when they start school again. It's also a great way for us to keep some form of a schedule. I like letting go of structure to a degree in the summer but everyone is so much happier if we have a daily list of responsibilities to hold us all accountable. Plus, if they finish I reward them with $10 each to Target or this year Toys R Us. Don't worry, they spent every last dime on...CANDY. Ugh.


Max 3rd grade, Benson Kinder, James 6th and Lew always along for the ride.


This photo pulls at my heart strings. One last father/son talk before throwing James into the snake pit (ie: middle school). 

I'm happy to report that they are all doing SO well in their prospective classrooms. It has been an easy transition for me because they are all happy and acclimating well. Even and especially my teddy bear Benson! I was shocked that he acted like, "Alright Mom, I'll see you later. I've totally got this."

 It's bitter sweet to watch them grow and gain independence.




0 comments: